Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Uk Web family Organisation ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Feb 2004 21:28

I stumbled across www(.)webfamily(.)org(.)uk when I put my family name (NIBLETT) into Google. I was quite surprised when I saw my grandfather name on the site. However I was unable to log onto the details as I wasn't a registered user. No amount of looking could help me to find where you could log into this site. Has anyone come across it? and if you have is Jo public able to ebbcome a registered user? Clare.x

Margaret

Margaret Report 7 Feb 2004 21:36

you go into http://webfamily.org(.)uk minus bracket

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Feb 2004 21:38

See 'What was the website' further down this page

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Feb 2004 21:46

HI Margaret, I've done that and I get the homepage. I duly follow the links to my grandfathers name Alfred Niblett. When I try to click on his name I get a registered users login page!!!! I'm probably being completely dense, having a cold doesn't help. If you could help I'd be really grateful. Clare.x

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Feb 2004 21:49

Thanks Sue, At least I'm not going completely round the bend. Clare.xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Feb 2004 08:40

Hi Clare, Maybe try filling in their feedbank form under usage policy. Please also not the note below that which I have copied here for you - Always use the feedback form above to communicate with us. We never disclose the names of our contributors to any other party. If you find data on our site about members of your family, then please accept that it was entered by someone else, and that's all there's to it. We will not enter into any dialogue over the rights and wrongs about on-line genealogy data, neither about who has the right or doesn't have the right to contribute information about your family. Regards Margaret

Sue

Sue Report 8 Feb 2004 11:47

Clare I e-mailed the site yesterday, re: becoming a registered user, using the feedback form on the site. I am waiting fora reply. I will post on here if and when I get one! Margaret A few weeks ago I discovered my mother's details on this site (she died in 1997) and posted on this board about it. There was quite a 'hoohaa' about the site and some people e-mailed them asking for the names to be removed. I presume the disclaimer you copied is a result of this. Maybe the site had too many removal requests. Sue

Derek

Derek Report 8 Feb 2004 11:54

Well, I'm glad its not just me who couldn't find a way in. I also left an email asking how I can register. Derek.

Marcus

Marcus Report 8 Feb 2004 12:12

I have also found dead rellies names on this site but cannot get further than registered users login, I contacted them on 7/feb, via feedback form, about becoming a registered user but have as yet received no reply. Marc