Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 7 Feb 2004 20:40

Being searching for a long time for the missing child my gt gt grandfather in the 1881 Census (found the other 10 a while ago). He should be Ruscombe Habberfield, aged 18 born North Petherton and would expect him to be in North Petherton, Swansea or possibly New York. Today I have found a Roscombe Haverford, aged 18 born Swansea, living in Swansea, only 2 other Haverfords in 1880 Census and they are in the workhouse in York. I'd like Rosecombe to be my Ruscombe - any thoughts.

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 7 Feb 2004 20:49

Sounds to me like you've found him - if everything else fits then the spelling is probably a transcription error. S

David

David Report 7 Feb 2004 20:55

I've been searching for this for a while. I have him in census records in 1871, 1892, 1900, 1910, 1915, 1920 which covers his life from 1863 to 1924. I wanted someone else to say they thought it was him.