Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotlands People Credits

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 6 Feb 2004 19:36

Hi, I have 6 credits left on Scotlands People site, due to expire in just over 1 hour. If anybody wants me to have a look for anything, please give me a shout as soon as with as much detail as possible. Thanks, Carol.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Feb 2004 20:06

Hi Carol When searching for births can you put in the parents surnames, I can't remember. I am looking for the birth of Eddie Anderson (may of been born Edward) born to William Shiels Anderson and Jessie Douglas Thomson. His birth would of been around 1894 possibly later or earlier and should be in the district of St George. Edinburgh. Don't worry if this is not enough info. Regards, Siobhan

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 6 Feb 2004 20:18

Hi Siobhan There are 2 coming up, 1 in 1890 and 1 in 1896, both St Georges, Midlothian. I have 5 credits left and it takes 5 credits to view the image. Which do you want me to go for? Thanks, Carol.

Helen

Helen Report 6 Feb 2004 20:19

Hi Carol hope I'm not too late you find out about John McGibbon DOB,1/9/46 New Buildings Hardgate Clydebank Father Donald, Mother Mary nee (Harrigan )McGibbon he was Adopted as a baby dont know new name If its to late dont worry many thanks Helen

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Feb 2004 20:21

Oh No I'd hate to waste your credits. But I am presuming he was younger than his brother William Anderson as I have photos of them and he was born 1893 so if you don't mind using up your credit, go with 1896

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 6 Feb 2004 20:33

Helen: Sorry, credits gone now, but just out of interest, in case I get anyore, was it 1846 or 1946. Somebody else might also have a look for you. Sorry I couldn't help, best wishes, Carol. Siobhan: Good choice! Edward Anderson, September 20th 1896, (next bit looks like address, but really hard to read) male, to William Shiels Anderson, plumber, and Jessie Douglas Anderson, maiden surname Thomson, registered by Jessie D Anderson, mother, on October 23rd at Edinburgh (Date of parents marriage: June 19th 1891, Edinburgh) Hope that helps!! Best wishes, Carol. I have printed off the transcription, so if you want to email me your address, I will post it to you. I am not very technical, but if you also give me your email address, I will have a go at emailing it to you. Best wishes, Carol.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 6 Feb 2004 20:36

Hi Carol What a lucky guess. I have photos of him and for some reason have an interest in him now. He would be my great uncle. So thank you very much. E.mail on it's way. HEHE :) P.S I have ancestry subscription if I can do any look ups for you.