Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry,,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 6 Feb 2004 11:13

Am I wrong or is there missing data from the 1891? I have a death in 1892 so the person must still be alive in 1891, but I cant find them on the census. And another moan,,,(sorry),,,why do they advertise the 1871 census,,,? Perhaps Im wrong but the only area i can find is Middlesex which is great for those who are researching this area but not much help to anyone else.

Deborah

Deborah Report 6 Feb 2004 11:16

Hi Claire, Who are you looking for in 1891, I'll have a look for you. 1871, like the 1891, will be added county by county. It took months! Debbie

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 6 Feb 2004 11:24

Hi Debbie, Thanks for the explantion,,I didnt realise the data was added a bit at a time,,,maybe Im too impatient.!! Im looking for Wilson Butler who died in 1892 age 73, so he would be a year younger wouldnt he in 1891, He was living at Union Workhouse , Hylton Road , Bishopwearmouth, Sunderland, Many thanks for you offer of help Claire

Deborah

Deborah Report 6 Feb 2004 12:38

Hi Claire, He doesn't seem to be there, does he? Trying to check his place of birth, used LDS site, is he son of Cuthbert & Mary? He doesn't seem to be on the 1881 either, does he. I presume the 35 yr old Wilson Butler in Bishopswearmouth is his son. Debbie

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 6 Feb 2004 12:51

Hi Debbie Yes he is the son of Cuthbert and Mary. I think he might have been 'out' on census night,, Thanks again for looking for me. Claire