Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker Ver 6 can anyone help?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 4 Feb 2004 16:36

I've got Family Tree maker Ver 6, with about 700 people on it. When I ask it to print a geneology report, it misses some people out and only prints 4 generations - I want 8. I have changed settings for no. of generations but it ignores me!! Any suggestions?

Sue

Sue Report 4 Feb 2004 18:29

I have that software and it seems to work OK with the number of generations that I request. When I have the report or tree on screen, right click and select # of generations to show and that certainly seems to change the number of generations. Which report are you trying? Sue

Judy

Judy Report 4 Feb 2004 18:54

Susan....for whatever reason, programs often like to torment us and don't do what their supposed to. A quick fix, sometimes, is a simple as restarting your computer. Judy

Susan

Susan Report 4 Feb 2004 18:55

I'm trying to print genealogy report, I've changed settings but still only prints 4 generations. From the orginal person - He had two sons and 1 daughter - is showing sons but not daughter - plus other people missing as well???

Susan

Susan Report 4 Feb 2004 18:55

Thanks Judy yep I tried that but still doesnt work,

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Feb 2004 12:50

hi susan ive got version 11 and im having the same problem i sent a genealogy report to some one who is connected to my husbands tree.when he recieved it there was only one child from each family.hubby wasnt included!!!yet when i checked the report everyone was there. it seemed to only have the eldest child of each family. susie

Susan

Susan Report 5 Feb 2004 16:36

If I find anything out I'll let you know