Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CENSUS, warwick, earliest???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Feb 2004 19:01

HI Can anyone tell me when the census started and where online I could look please, I have my rellies on the 1851 but need earlier to try find parents, siblings, roughly when married etc etc Its Warwick that I need, any ideas???

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 3 Feb 2004 19:38

1841 was the first census

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Feb 2004 19:49

Thanks Elizabeth, is it available online and do you know where from? Wend

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 3 Feb 2004 19:55

As far as I know, the only ones available online are 1881, 1891 and 1901. 1881 is free on the LDS site and credits for the 1901 are cheap too.

SarahSalopianScrapper

SarahSalopianScrapper Report 3 Feb 2004 20:33

Some of the 1841 census for Warwickshire is available online. I found it by accident and made a note because my own relatives are on there. The only problem is this was a while ago and i'm not sure what exactly is on there. The Address is www[.]hunimex[.]com/warwick/census Remove the brackets though. And the good news is it is free to view although you have to search by location. Hope what you want is there. Sarah

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Feb 2004 21:04

Thank you both very much for that, wend x

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 3 Feb 2004 21:56

I have Coventry 1841 if that is any help to you? It covers some of Warwickshire too, but only the parts close to coventry Sally

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Feb 2004 23:25

Thanks for the offer Sally ann, I think its Kenilworth that I need, haven't got a clue wether that Coventry side or not, WILLIAM LAWRENCE 45,HEAD, MARY LAWRENCE, WIFE, lived at 60 ALBION ROW, KENILWORTH in 1851 and at number 11 albion row in 1861, appreciate any help at all but as I said dont know if that near coventry. thanks Wend x

John

John Report 4 Feb 2004 09:38

Sarah, thank you for the web site address. Some good info for me there, including Tamworth. I'd never heard of it before. :-)

SarahSalopianScrapper

SarahSalopianScrapper Report 4 Feb 2004 21:06

Hope that the site has been useful. I only found it by accident. I was hoping to find out about the village part of my family came from so I put the name into a search engine and found the 1841 census. I wish i could have more useful finds like this one! Sarah

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 4 Feb 2004 22:06

Hi Wendy I am really sorry but the disk does not cover Kenilworth. I have checked for you tonight. I am surprised because I thought that it would. However, I work in Kenilworth!! Co-incidence or what!! So if there is anything you need looking at, please let me know! Regards Sally, Coventry

Wendy

Wendy Report 4 Feb 2004 22:30

Thanks Sally-ann, thats a very kind offer. will let you know, if I ever get organised enough, got papers all over the place at minute. Just knew I needed this one, Wend x