Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chantelands cemetary Hull info please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 2 Feb 2004 23:25

My great grandparents were buried in the above cemetary but I don't know when, how do I go about finding out when they died. I don't live near Hull to be able to go to the records office. Sue

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Feb 2004 23:34

Hi Sue What sort of dates are we looking at? You could try searching the IGI at your local studies library. There's also a crematorium at Chanterlands Ave. If you can find a date of death I can find the plot for you and take a photo. Jeanette

Sidami

Sidami Report 2 Feb 2004 23:42

Hi Jeanette, I believe they were still alive in 1926 I think they had a shop in Hull then, I don't think it would be cremation. Sue

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Feb 2004 23:58

Hi Sue Yep, I think the best place to start would be with the IGI or 1837 (obviously the IGI is free!). Do you know for sure they were buried at that cemetery? It would depend on where they lived as to which cemetery they were buried in but all the records are held at Chants Ave. Also, if you can find a date of death, there may be some death announcements in the local newspaper archives that I could photocopy for you. Jeanette

Sidami

Sidami Report 3 Feb 2004 11:35

Hi Jeanette, My auntie tells me that they were buried there, I think she is pretty sure on that. I am hoping to go to Hull on Sunday to look round the graveyards so if I do find them I will let you know the date, for you to see if there is anything in the paper. I do have the details of when my gt gt grandparent's died they had a a big business in Hull at the time of his death, his name is Thomas Swain Kaye he died 19th April 1916 she died 28th Sep 1929 her name was Louisa Kaye, they were not buried in Hull but if you could have a look in the newspaper for me I would be very pleased with a copy they were sawmakers at the time. Thankyou very much Sue

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 3 Feb 2004 12:25

Hiya Sue Good luck with your search - Chants Ave (The Northern) cemetery is rather large! My Great Aunt and Uncle and Great grandparents are buried there. If you do find a date of death before you go, give the crematorium/cemetery office a ring on 01482 614976. They are really helpful and will give you the plot number and may arrange for somebody to meet you there to show you where it is. Good Luck Jeanette

Sidami

Sidami Report 4 Feb 2004 23:15

Hi Jeanette, If you are going to the archives for the newspapers, then I would like to take you up on your offer for a copy of the death details of Louisa Kaye died 28th Sep 1929 also if there is any thing for her husband he died 19th April 1916, I guess it will be in the Hull newspaper.Thankyou Sue................