Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hampshire Census CD's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 2 Feb 2004 14:11

Has anyone purchased Census CD's for Hampshire 1841 to 1871. If so, how much were they, who did you purchase them from and do you recommend the supplier. Regards Gary

Jubal

Jubal Report 2 Feb 2004 19:15

Hello Gary, I have the 1871 Hampshire census on CD. It was part of a bundle I have pre-ordered from S&N Genealogy. If you want just the 1871 I think it is £44.95. I paid around about £150.00, and as each census is released on CD it automatically gets sent out to me. I have also pre-ordered the 1901. I find it a great help and would be lost without it. There is no name index, only area (or street, if it is a big city like Portsea). It has the actually images from the original returns which have been photographed and scanned and then transferred on to CD. The 1841, '51, '61 and 1901 are not out yet. Hope this has helped. Julie

Jubal

Jubal Report 2 Feb 2004 20:29

There are books for the '41, '51 and '61 which list names for each area and give a RG reference so you know which volume and page number/folio to look out for and I expect some people here on GC have them on fiche. I know the main library here in Portsmouth and the search room has them on microfiche but I am pretty sure they are not out on CD yet.

Irene

Irene Report 2 Feb 2004 21:17

I have the 1851 census index. It is done in parishes and there are 66 small books, it give age and where born but not relationship, probably be able to work out the relationship is they are listed under the same number. Irene