Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lianne

Lianne Report 1 Feb 2004 17:04

hi all - i'm new to this and have seen many of you recommend ada-ware , so i decided to try the software myself. on downloading the file from www(.)ada-ware(.)com i am then prompted to download spyware nuker, which i am told creates more problems than it solves. the thing is other than the option of downloading various software items, i can so no way of using ada-ware to scan my computer. can someone please help me? many thanks to all who can help lianne

Judy

Judy Report 1 Feb 2004 17:06

Lianne: I think you may have downloaded wrong program. Check your e-mail....instructions for Adaware are there. Judy :)

Lianne

Lianne Report 1 Feb 2004 17:34

i did - thnx judy. in one of the other msg boards someone gave the address as www(.)ada-ware(.)com - which is pretty similar to the program name - ad-aware. i think they may have made a mistake many thanks and just so you know, it found over 350 files on my 'puter. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bob

Bob Report 1 Feb 2004 17:36

Hey Lianne Not quite the record I think but definately in the top 10 Bob