Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

death cert query

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 31 Jan 2004 21:09

Today i received the death cert for my hubby's grandad in the hope of pinning down his birth... no such luck!!!! The problem is this.......... On my grandad's death cert in part 7a (informant) it gives my nans name, in part 7b (qualifiaction) it states she is the widow of the deceased. Right that all makes snese???? good BUT on the death cert I rec'd today it gives some blokes name( no idea who he is yet)in 7a as the informant. Right, no prob, but in 7b it states... causing the body to be cremated, not the unknown person's relationship to the deceased. WHY?? Can someone PLEASE explain this to me????? Shelli

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 31 Jan 2004 23:28

Tracey my two certs are fairly recent ones my grandads in 1981 and hubby grandads in 1990 i have informants on my earlier ones too though what date is yours? Shelli

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2004 23:31

I have a death cert for 1972. It has 7a and 7b. First name of informant and next qualification. It has the sons name and then says son.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 31 Jan 2004 23:36

Joanne my problem is that my latest cert (1990) doesn't give the relationship just states causing body to be cremated but i don't know why???? Shelli

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 31 Jan 2004 23:40

Tracey to be honest i have no idea i have a death cert from 1870's that gives a name for the informant and i've managed to work out that it was the deceased son, give them a call they can only say no can't they??? and at least you'll have tried

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 31 Jan 2004 23:40

I think in these cases the informant is not a relative but someone handling the disposal of the body. They might be someone from the local authority or appointed by them. Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2004 23:42

Hi Tracy I would have thought if it was down it would be on the cert. i have one from 1872 and it says the informant, signature , description of residence of informant

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2004 23:44

Another one I have is 1975 that is more or less the same as the first one i said

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 1 Feb 2004 00:00

Shelli, it could be possible that he died with no known family left, in which case, as has already been said, the informant would not have been a relative, but a representative of the local authority. Dierdre X

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Feb 2004 00:04

On all the ones I have it has....in similar form, name of infromant, qualification and usual address. Just checked, the death certs I have are, 1872,1972, 2x 1975, 1991, 1992,