Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Desparate to make contact - Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 31 Jan 2004 19:23

I have always been envious of those people who have made contact with a relative. However, the other day someone sent me details of someone who had posted a message on ancestry.com in 2002 who I am sure is my cousin. I sent them an e-mail but it came back to me. Is there anyone out there who knows how I could contact them. I have their name and have posted a message on all the message boards they contacted. georgina

Sandra

Sandra Report 31 Jan 2004 19:31

Georgina, What is her name? I have a cousin in Canada who I contacted quite a while ago. She last placed message in 2002. Has a new email address now which I have. Probably a different person but you ever know. Also if you put her name on here someone may know her. I contacted someone last week then realised he was also on GC site. Sandra

Georgina

Georgina Report 1 Feb 2004 04:05

Hi Sandra, Thank you for the suggestion. The persons name is Marjorie E. Stintzi. Quite an unusual name so heres hoping. Georgina

Karen

Karen Report 1 Feb 2004 08:06

Georgina If you use canada 411 it comes up with only 2 people with the surname you are after both male so could be her hubby if this is her married name. www(.)canada(.)com/search/people/index(.)html Remove brackets. Karen

Georgina

Georgina Report 1 Feb 2004 10:28

Karen, That was great. Thanks ever so much. Will now post a message to see if any of our Canadian members recognises the areas of the phone number and could get me an address. I could then write. Don't think I have the guts to just phone. Georgina

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 1 Feb 2004 10:47

Gosh Georgina I couldn't stand the suspense of waiting! Go on take the plunge and phone .... Just make sure you get the time difference right....You wouldn't want to wake 'em up in the middle of the night! LOL Sioux

Crista

Crista Report 1 Feb 2004 11:07

Georgina, She has a Lakehead University email address. You could try here: http://www.lakeheadualumni.ca/category/37 Crista

Georgina

Georgina Report 1 Feb 2004 13:37

Crista, You are a mind of information. How an earth did you find the e-mail address. I'm sure it is correct because the one that didn't work was a lakehead one. Well I'll e-mail her now and let you know the outcome but thanks a million. Georgina

Georgina

Georgina Report 1 Feb 2004 14:43

Crista, Have sent you an e-mail about e-mail address. Don't want everyone to know how stupid I am. Georgina

Georgina

Georgina Report 2 Feb 2004 01:54

Hi Crista, HAVE MADE CONTACT. I e-mailed the Coronation Street Fan Club Website you mentioned and they contacted her. Can you believe that you would make contact with someone via Coronation Street. Anyway she sent me an e-mail just saying "you are looking for me" and I have e-mailed her back. Thanks a million. Georgina