Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UKBMD Exchange site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 31 Jan 2004 15:49

Has anyone else had problems with this ? I can't get on to Free BMD and thought I'd cracked it when I found this one but despite registering I can't get on - I just get 'Page cannot be displayed 'all the time. Offers of help please ? Am I doing something wrong ? Mary Brooke

Rachel

Rachel Report 31 Jan 2004 16:19

If its the BDM site you're talking about, I've just been on adding a couple more certificates with no problems. There was a message on the site apologizing if people have been haiving problems. They've added more fields for each certificate you have. Mebbe its something to do with that. Just in case, this is the web site address that I used: www . bdm . c o . uk (not bmd) Rachel

Mary

Mary Report 31 Jan 2004 16:23

Cheers, thats how I typed it in. I get on to the page but can't seem to get past the registration - maybe I've worn my computer out today ! Mary Just tried to get on again by going through the registration and there's mention of making sure my cookies are enabled if I register. Maybe thats my problem, more so as I no computer buff and haven't a clue what cookies are let alone how to enable them ! Thought cookies was another term for biscuits ! Mary

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 31 Jan 2004 22:07

Hi Mary, Have a look at the first page,I put exactly the same as you,had quite a few interesting replies,try some of the tips suggested. regards trish

Mystified

Mystified Report 1 Feb 2004 08:25

I sometimes have a problem with this site. Usually ok though, if it persists mail the owner, he is very helpful and wants this site to work. If only more GC members would use it, I think it would become even more useful

Janet

Janet Report 1 Feb 2004 15:15

I've just tried the site and got the web page for Iron Mountain U.K!!!! Don't know what went wrong there. Jan from Gravesend, Kent.

Tracey

Tracey Report 1 Feb 2004 15:25

your not the only one janet i got the iorn mountian site to thought i did something wrong kept trying but with no luck tracey

Jane

Jane Report 1 Feb 2004 17:10

Hi everyone, I've been using this site since it first came on the web and last week for the first time ever i was contacted by somebody. Turns out that he is the Gt grandson of the brother of my gt grandfather (3rd cousin is that?). So excited, It's the first contact ive had from anywhere that has'nt turned out to be wrong. Jane

Barbara

Barbara Report 1 Feb 2004 17:55

Hi All, I tried above site www(.) bdm(.)co(.)uk and also got that mountain site......but if you try ukbdm it works better :-) regards Barbara

Mary

Mary Report 1 Feb 2004 18:30

Tried the site today and got on no trouble at all - unfortunately couldn't find anyone connected with me, still I'll not give up ! Mary