Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another father?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 31 Jan 2004 12:43

Caroline

Caroline Report 31 Jan 2004 12:43

Hi I have a name of Edward Buzzing (Deceased) on my grandfather's marriage certificate. On his birth cert it says George Charles Buzzing as the father (the same as the baby). I have just put this down as a clerical error but now I'm beginning to wonder....??? I have found the date of marriage between Sarah Coghlan and Edward Robert Buzzing in 1887. I have also found a date of birth for Edward Robert (1862) now here's the problem....I have also found a death for Edward Robert Buzzing as 1892! Now I know that he was missing from the 1901 census (thought maybe he was off in Boer war) and the census also has Sarah Buzzing down as "w" which I thought was wife but now think it could be widow BUT and here's the big BUT....my grandfather was born in 1908!!! Does any of this make sense? Did she have another man but tell grandpa that Edward was his father? Any ideas or advice much appreciated!

Helen

Helen Report 31 Jan 2004 14:43

I think you will have to send for the death certificate from 1892 to see if the age matches with your Edward Robert. It might just be a coincidence and be someone with the same name (maybe Edward Robert's dad was Edward Robert too!)