Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Error on page

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 31 Jan 2004 11:25

Has anyone else noticed the following problem (apologies if this has been raised before). Down in the left hand corner of the screen on the status bar, there is usually a little logo of the Internet Explorer icon (the blue letter 'e'). However, when I use this site at the moment, this has been replaced with the Microsoft warning symbol (yellow triangle with black exclamation mark) and the words 'Error on page'. This isn't bothering me greatly as I can still use the site as I please but I've noticed that when I try to type messages, the cursor can disappear and will only reappear if I click with the mouse on the very left hand edge of the message box - if I click anywhere else within the message box it won't reappear. Does that make sense?! I'm convinced that the cursor disappearing and the Error on page message are tied in together and I feel certain it is a GC problem as I had the same thing occur on another site and the problem righted itself after some time but I didn't change any Internet settings on my PC.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 31 Jan 2004 11:36

Andy I have a little blue "e" showing on the left hand bottom, then the two arrows around the postcard, then a sort of circle and then a paintbrush??????(could be a shovel?) Great at computers aren't I? and the old eyes arent that good but no error message I can see. Jacqui

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 31 Jan 2004 11:37

Just realised you might talking about the line above - there is still a blue e" showing bottom left hand corner!! Jacqui

Andy

Andy Report 31 Jan 2004 11:41

Hi Jacqui, I probably stand corrected then and that it may be a problem with my Internet Explorer (is version 6.0). Yeah, it's right on the status bar where you would normally see for example - "Opening page http://www.genesconnected....."

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 31 Jan 2004 12:06

andy hubby is getting this with his outlook express.its been like it for 3 days now.our puters are linked via a router and mines ok. it says error!!!!