Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish sites

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 31 Jan 2004 10:02

Time I had a look at my other half's family - does anyone know of some Scottish sites (free is poss.) where I can start from ? Mary Brooke

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2004 12:39

Hi Mary, I can offer you 1881 Scottish Census look ups for free! Just send me the details and I will do it with pleasure. The best site for Scottish records is of course not free but it is great value for money. . Have a look at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk. You can download copies of BMD's and also the 1891 and 1901 censues. They also have the 1881 but you need to pay for that too. If you need any help - just shout. Regards Margaret

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 31 Jan 2004 12:42

Hi Mary You might try Scottish Origins (can't remember the URL) I think it's free, but a really good site is scotlandspeople.gov.uk but this costs credits each time you look. Good thing about this site is you can view the actual birth, death or marriage cert and census records, not just the index. I found over 20 of my husband's rellies on this site. Let me know if you come across a William Pearson, Glasgow - proving very very annoying! Marilyn