Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

linking trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 31 Jan 2004 09:45

can someone explain how to link trees i have permission to view the other tree but cant link them together

Rachel

Rachel Report 31 Jan 2004 15:39

Viv I sent an email to GC support a while ago asking this because it had me puzzled. Apparently if you contact somebody about Mr X, say, then you can link trees through him. It comes up with the option even if you don't have him in your tree! I personally think this is a bit silly but who am I to comment... I was confused because some of my contacts had this as an option and some didn't. I think the ones that it didn't give me a chance to link, was because they had contacted me and so they had the option to link in their contacts bit. (If that makes sense!) Rachel

Janice

Janice Report 1 Feb 2004 09:44

I have been following this message closely as it was one of the questions I had - I knew a cousin had linked our trees but could not see what had happened - have now spent the time tracing back on my tree to discover that the shared ancestor now has what looks like two rings entwined and if I click on that then I can see the my cousins tree. Brilliant