Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

District Wandsworth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 30 Jan 2004 21:36

Could anyone tell me please.If Wandsworth is the district and County London Surrey.Where could it be.Bow/Poplar? in 1800s. Thankyou Mary

Mary

Mary Report 30 Jan 2004 21:53

Max. Thankyou might ,get somewhere now. Mary

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jan 2004 22:39

Wandsworth was classified as being in Surrey from !837 until 1889. Di.

Mary

Mary Report 30 Jan 2004 22:46

Di. Problem i have is where born on 1901.London BRomley. Trying to find on 1881.All they have is things like Poplar. Lamberth etc.Nothing for London Bromley. Mary

Mary

Mary Report 30 Jan 2004 22:50

Max The address i have is Washington Street Bromley Mary

Janice

Janice Report 30 Jan 2004 23:01

There is no Washington Street in the current London A-Z. You could enquire at the LMA to find out where it was. Janice

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 30 Jan 2004 23:04

Bromley-by-Bow was always shown as Bromley, Middx - lots of mine are from there! It IS actually next door to Poplar. Maz. XX

Mary

Mary Report 30 Jan 2004 23:08

Well thankyou everybody.You have all been very helpful. Mary

Christina

Christina Report 1 Feb 2004 02:26

It also covers Clapham, Balham, Tooting, Earlsfield. If you go on freebmd site and enter a name if there is a Wandsworth amongst the entries click on Wandsworth and it will take you to a part that will you show you the areas included in the registration area. Regards Christina