Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

To Tracey D

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie,

Julie, Report 30 Jan 2004 20:48

I am taking the advice offered and not fueling the 'other' thread. There can be nothing worse than putting something provocative on and being totally ignored (even though I added my two pennyworth thinking disturbed people should be helped not alienated further). Anyway, to avoid the risk of you being ignored - I am very new to this site too and although I am sure there are plenty of people who have been using it for ages, they all (except you know who) seem very nice so just plunge in with your offereings and you will quickly get to know the regulars.

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Jan 2004 23:22

thanks a lot julie a lot of other people have said the same getting a bit more confident at this now tracey

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jan 2004 00:26

Hi Tracy, Ive only been on this site for 4wks but I have found everyone very helpful, even though I dont know anyone, But believe me they are a really helpful bunch. As they are more experienced than us they give good general advice and have also done a couple of look ups for me when I got stuck. Hope you have fun on the site Love Karen. P S Dont be shy!

Andy

Andy Report 31 Jan 2004 01:01

There's a lot of helpful people here, we were all new to this at some time or another so don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how daft you think they may sound. Don't be put off by the couple of idiots who are trying to spoil it for others, they are the exception to the rule, regards those of us who use the site.