Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO Refund

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 30 Jan 2004 18:00

Had my first ever birth certificate application search failed said they keep £3 and refund £4 as i paid by credit card is it kept on account or returned by post havent heard anything from them yet can anyone help please

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 30 Jan 2004 18:13

hi David had the same it was credited back onto my card jan

Debbie

Debbie Report 30 Jan 2004 18:13

Hi David I had a email from world pay today, but it said partialy refunded £2.50. My marriage certificate was from India so thats probably why I only had that amount refunded. Anyway I phoned ons and they said before world pay repays you should recieve a letter explaining it all, and they said my letter should be here tomorrow. I should imagine it would go straight back to your account. hope this helps. But how annoying is it when they cant supply the certificate I was so excited, I had been looking for a marriage for ages I know they are the right people but I am hoping they are going to tell me where I can obtain it because that is my highest brick wall that I thought I had finaly knocked down. Sorry for rambling but I am just so annoyed Debbie

David

David Report 30 Jan 2004 18:26

Hi Thanks for all your help i was dissapointed when they could'nt find it as i got really excited only to be let down with a bang but he ho just gotta keep bashing on many thanks again regards David

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 30 Jan 2004 18:56

Hi David, Same thing happened to me a few months ago,was told they couldnt find birth even though I had double checked gro ref no and page.Said they would refund part of the money paid,and it would take a week to ten days.Two days later the certificate arrived!!!!!!!! So there is still hope you might get it. I do hope so Kathleeen

BrianW

BrianW Report 30 Jan 2004 23:45

If you use a credit card then go for one that you can access online. That way you can keep an eye on transactions going through, check refunds etc. and spot suspicious activity as often as you like without waiting for the monthly statement.

David

David Report 31 Jan 2004 16:57

Had an email today saying they have repaid to my card account thank you all for your help David

Hilary

Hilary Report 31 Jan 2004 17:32

Yes, I've had a refund but no explanation of why - I guess I'll have to ring them on Monday.