Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joseph Townsend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 30 Jan 2004 17:34

Anybody got a Joseph Townsend shoemaker from Wiltshire in their tree who lived aroundCricklade area, born 1790 approx?/ KIM

Gen

Gen Report 30 Jan 2004 21:35

Hi Kim, Sorry I don't have a Joseph Townsend in my tree although I do have family that came from Cricklade and whilst looking for them in the marriages of Cricklade tonight I found this entry for Joseph Townsend: 1816 Feb 26th Joseph Townsend of this parish and Martha Boulton of same parish by Banns Thomas Thompson Curate Joseph Townsend x the mark of Martha Boulton Witnesses: the mark x of Nevil Simmons, x the mark of Dinah Woolford Thos Godwin Clerk Could it be your Joseph? Gen

Kim

Kim Report 30 Jan 2004 21:44

Well I think it could be because Ann Townsend his daughter was born 1821 cricklade it would fit ....... where did you find entry as my eyes are going squiffy, was it on disc, if so must purchase it .... let me know and a Big Thankyou for info ... seem to be going round the twist here. KIM P.S Have spent all day virtually in cricklade , too not literally, What is your family called ? KIM

Gen

Gen Report 30 Jan 2004 22:08

Me again, found the entry on this site http://tetlow.screaming.net/marriages_1800-1825.htm I typed in Cricklade parish registers and this site came up, I am looking for the Sims family but they all seemed to have married away from Cricklade and moved there afterwards, ancestors can be so annoying sometimes. Gen

Kim

Kim Report 30 Jan 2004 22:19

Thankyou for that . wish i'd learnt to type... will check it out . My lot are from Ashton keynes, all seem to have illegitmate children and marry cousins with same names and then these cousins seem to marry sisters in the same family, wouldn't be surprised if found out was related to whole of the village in some way or another.tThey seem to do marriage as an after thought after babies, some things change . some things stay the same C'est la vie..... bye and cheers KIM