Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Calling all Miss Marples/Sherlock Holmes!!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 30 Jan 2004 14:31

See below as it will let me use paras Karen

Steven

Steven Report 30 Jan 2004 14:33

I think we will need a few clues :)

Karen

Karen Report 30 Jan 2004 14:48

I have a mystry that I would like some help to, yet again! While researching the Bluck side of my hubby's family, I found the family I was after (with a little help from Max & Jo) in 1891 living in B'ham. So far so good. Thomas Bluck is living with his brother Frederick, mother Elizabeth who is now remarried and is Elizabeth Houghton, her new hubby William Henry Houghton(born Pershore), various children from that marriage, Edith, William, Rosina and Alfred James Need who is listed as head of households son. With me so far? I have found the marriage for William & Elizabeth Bluck on free BMD as Dec quarter 1883 in Aston. On 1881 census William Houghton born Pershore is living with his house keeper Mary Need and her sons William, Alfred James, Edward Thomas(dies aged 10) John & Sidney Need. William goes on to marry Mary in Dec quarter 1884 Jo found an 1891 entry for the Houghtons in Holy Cross, Pershore for William, Mary, John & Sidney. My question and what I need help with is, How can Alfred James Need be the son of both men? Is my William Houghton in B'ham the son of William snr in Holy Cross but the true father of Alfred James Need. Hubby is only linked to the Need family via Elizabeth Bluck marrying William Houghton so I do not really want to go to the expense of buying certificates that don't really concern the family directly. I have been intouch with Miriam who is a Need decendent but she is as confused as I am. I was hoping that a fresh set of eyes or supersluth may have some ideas. Karen

Karen

Karen Report 30 Jan 2004 14:48

Sorry Steven Took a while to type. Karen

Geoff

Geoff Report 30 Jan 2004 15:34

Just to add another red herring, 1881 has a William Houghton 21, born Pershore, a nephew of Albert and Catherine FIELD with whom he is lodging in Aston, Warwick. I won't mention the William Houghton (31) living with his family at Pinvin, a couple of miles north of Pershore, as that would complicate things too much.

Karen

Karen Report 30 Jan 2004 16:11

Geoff i seem to have William Houghton's coming out of my ears! karen