Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am I just being lazy?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie,

Julie, Report 30 Jan 2004 11:56

I'm sure this sort of question is constantly floating around on this board but for me it is a new problem. I now realise I cannot print out my tree from this site - well, I can but I only get bits of it even if I scroll to the bit I want and try and print that. I thought it was so wonderful being able to pop in information and have technology sort it and make it pretty for me, compared to the copious hand written notes I made when I was last into this some twenty years ago, that I just ploughed on not realising there was even more jazzy stuff out there I could use to create computer based and hard copies of my tree. Now, I am about to purchase Family Historian (based on advice from this site). Can I save stuff put into GC as a gedcom file and transfer it to FH or do I have to type everything in again? I have got lots of photos on my tree in this site - it looks great - it will take hours to reproduce it all. Am I being lazy? By the way, I really like the way GC puts a thumbnail photo of a person on their 'tab' on the tree. I can't see if FH does this from the demo version. Anyone else managed it?

Chris

Chris Report 30 Jan 2004 12:03

Hi Whilst I think you may have to type everthing in to Family Historian as you cant download your GEDCOM file from the site, you will be pleased to know that Family Historian will show your photos on the tree much the same as it does on here. Yours Chris