Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hemel Hempstead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 29 Jan 2004 14:40

Has anyone heard of "Two Waters" in Hemel Hempstead, I'm not sure if its a house name or a place name , the Address on the birth cert says Two Waters,Hemel Hempstead on the 1881 site it says Two WALTERS. Any one know the answer? Thankyou KIM

Zoe

Zoe Report 29 Jan 2004 14:59

I just googled "Two Waters" and Hertfordshire and it definitely seems to be an area of Hemel Hempstead. Theres a few hits if you want to explore them Zoe

Joyce

Joyce Report 29 Jan 2004 15:01

when I was a teenager I used to get on the bus to H. Hempstead and get off at Two Waters thats were the bus route ended so I would think it was a name of a place

Kim

Kim Report 29 Jan 2004 15:05

Thankyou for your answers... now know where I'm going... not literally though! KIM

Jenny

Jenny Report 31 Jan 2004 10:12

Dear Kim I know Hemel a little and I think two rivers run through Hemel; The Gade definitely and I think the Colne. So it's not out of the question that there was a place called Two Rivers. Jen

Kim

Kim Report 31 Jan 2004 11:20

I've zoomed in on multimap and found Two Waters road where I think there is a canal and river running under the same road . Thankyou all for your replies..... KIM