Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Different registration districts???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 29 Jan 2004 10:47

Further to my previous thread, has anyone ever come across a situation where a baby was born and the parents upped sticks and went somewhere else and registered the birth in a different district? I didn't think it was possible but who knows?

Kim

Kim Report 29 Jan 2004 13:38

I suppose it is possible , but rare , I know now you have 6 weeks to register but maybe it was different in the past and it was less strict . And I would of thought the details on the birth certificate shudl still give where born not where living when registered? Perhaps someone knows? KIM

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 29 Jan 2004 13:51

Yes you could and still can register outside the district of birth if you have good reason. The registrar sends the details back to the district where the child was born however so everything should still look "right" ie I dont think he should appear in the in the new district. Bob

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 29 Jan 2004 16:26

Thank-you Kim and Bob, something further for me to ponder! Helen