Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with Adaware please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Norman

Norman Report 28 Jan 2004 11:33

I installed Adaware when the subject cropped up mid Jan and it appeared to run ok, but now I have aproblem with it. After completing a scan I tick NEXT and a window appears showing the files detected, I tick NEXT again and another window appears asking for a file name. I have no idea what file name to give it and ignoring it and ticking NEXT again just brings back the file name window again. I can only escape by ticking the X to clear the whole program. This didn't happen before.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 28 Jan 2004 11:40

Norman When I've run a scan and it says scan complete I click the 'next ' button and the list of files detected comes up. I then check every file I want to remove by clicking on the box next to it then click 'next' and it removes the files. Hope this makes sense. Jeanette

Margaret

Margaret Report 28 Jan 2004 11:41

There is no need to check every file individually. If you right click on the first one, it will give you a list of options. Check - select all, then delete Margaret

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 28 Jan 2004 11:51

Thanks for that Margaret. That will make life a lot easier. Jeanette

Norman

Norman Report 28 Jan 2004 12:03

Thank you Jeanette and Margaret. I knew there would be a simple answer. Norman

Judy

Judy Report 28 Jan 2004 15:12

Ada-ware is asking YOU to give the items your about to quarantine a name so that if you wish to go back to it to review you'll know what to look for. I usually name it the days date. If I run and quarantine twice in the same day, I name the files by date, adding a, b, etc....Judy

Norman

Norman Report 29 Jan 2004 20:55

Thanks Judy. Norman