Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can't delete relatives!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 26 Jan 2004 15:00

Help! I am trying to delete the adopted parents of my GGgrandfather so that I can put in his real parents: but here is the catch 22. Can't delete his father because he has a child. Can't delete the child (and reinput the information) because he married and has a child and so on Any ideas of how I can put my real family rather than adopted family in without deleting the whole line (some 4 generations)? Liz, very frustrated!

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 26 Jan 2004 15:07

Perhaps you could ask the lovely GC staff to do it for you. Send them an email through the Contact Us link on the left of the screen. Dierdre X

BrianW

BrianW Report 26 Jan 2004 16:31

Simply edit the names of the adoptive parents to those of his biological parents. Saves a lot of hassle !

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 26 Jan 2004 18:27

I sent an e-mail to GC, and tried what they suggested. However, my relative is still there, my fault for putting him in the wrong place!!! Any tips gratefully received. Sue