Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

deleting dead end contacts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 26 Jan 2004 14:42

I have contacted a number of people, who have turned out to be dead ends. If I delete them as a contact will it still show up as contacted if they appear in future searches? I don't want to bug people by recontacting them by accident

Karen

Karen Report 26 Jan 2004 16:22

Hi Sharon I'm 90% certain that they will come up as someone that youve already contacted ie next to the yellow box next to the persons name that you think you be related to, hope this makes sense. Karen

zoe

zoe Report 26 Jan 2004 21:29

I do not delete any contacts unless they are people who have kindly done look-ups for me and i email them a personal thank you. Just a little story for all to beware! When Samantha contacted me regarding someone in my tree I had not located that persons parents and beyond, if i had deleted her from my contact list it would be made it difficult to contact her 3 months later when i found out that we are distantly related through my great great nannies father his sister was Samantha's great grandmothers mother. She lives in New Zealand and has emailed me various pictures of the family. Any ideas what our relation is????? kind regards zoë

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 26 Jan 2004 22:54

people I have deleted still have contacted by theirs names. And if i click on their name it also informs me then as well, that i have already sent or received mail to this person Shelli