Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frances Starnes....please help me find her?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 26 Jan 2004 10:30

Frances Starnes born c. 1833 in Middlesex to whom i dont know... i am having trouble finding the town she was born in . In 1858 she married william george pantry and on the 1881 census her birth place is given as lipson, middlesex, by 1891 her birth place was pepson and by 1901 she was dead... has anybody heard of these places?? i am not familiar with middlesex so these names dont mean anything. please help me , many thanks Rebecca.

Michele

Michele Report 26 Jan 2004 11:14

HI Found this on Ancestry: Frances Pantry Deaths 1899 December quarter vol 4a page 91 West Ham Essex Will keep looking but others may well find info for you before I can get back to you as I am at work. Michele

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 26 Jan 2004 11:25

Thank you michele for that info. Rebecca.

Michele

Michele Report 26 Jan 2004 11:49

Rebecca I have had a look at the place of birth for Frances on the 1891 census and I think the first letter is an S not a P. The place reads as either Sipson or Sipton to me as the enumerator has put a mark over the 4 letter making it very unclear. Maybe others will look and see what they think it is? Michele

Anna

Anna Report 26 Jan 2004 11:58

Rebecca, I think the first letter is also an S,at first glance,it looks like a P but none of the other Ps on the page look like that.There is a place in Middlesex called Sipson,just North of Heathrow airport Hope that helps a bit Anna

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 26 Jan 2004 12:17

Thank you michele and Anna for your detective work! sipson could very well be the place. Many thanks Rebecca.

Michele

Michele Report 26 Jan 2004 12:28

Hi Rebecca Have you tried looking on FreeBMD for any Starnes born from 1837 onwards - possible younger siblings may be here, but not all entries are there of course. Good luck

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 26 Jan 2004 13:52

Ok so here's a question form a newbie :) Where exactly are you looking to see the original documents? Is there an exciting resource I've missed? Or is it one you have to subscribe to? Sioux

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 26 Jan 2004 15:50

hi suzanne you can look at the original 1891 census on ancestry(.)co(.)uk (remove brackets )it is subscription only.it cost me £82.00 for a year,but you can have it quarterly. i find it really useful. susie

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 26 Jan 2004 16:01

Ahh ha as I suspected, another one you have to pay for ! LOL Well I'm not so deeply entrenched yet to go that far... although I have spend a small fortune this morning on 1837. Ah well it was in a good cause through narrowing down dates I managed to pinpoint my Gt grandfathers second marriage :) Thanks for replying Sioux

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 27 Jan 2004 14:07

Amanda,thank you for that piece of info, i have had a look on the 1871 for middlesex on ancestry and there are already some starnes families listed for birthplace Harmondsworth so that would make sense! I will establish whether the records could be held there and contact you in the future..... Many thanks. Rebecca.