Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ann or Nancy?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 25 Jan 2004 23:50

see below

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 26 Jan 2004 00:03

On the 1881 census, I have James JEPSON, his wife Ann aged 46 b Beltoft Lincoln and George DRAKES boarder aged 40 also born Beltoft. 1891 I no longer have James, but have Nancy JEPSON aged 70, widow and George DRAPER aged 61. Both born in Beltoft. I can't find Nancy anywhere on the 1881 and I can't find Ann on the 1891! And I can't find EITHER on the 1901!!! Any clues as to what is happening here or am I just a victim of "genoinsitusdeterioration" ? Thats the medical term for a deterioration of genealogical insight or geno's block!! rotfl Sonja in Oz

Emma

Emma Report 26 Jan 2004 00:19

Sonja, I think I've found them on 1891 but they were well hidden due to transcription errors: James Jepson, head, mar, 61, general labourer, Notts Ann Jepson, wife, mar, 58, Durham Beltoft George Breaker, lodger, sing, 52, carter labourer, Durham Beltoft Mary A Foster, visitor, 9, Rawmarsh Yorkshire Linsey Foster, visitor, 7, Rawmarsh Yorkshire Sinla Foster, visitor, 5, Rawmarsh Yorkshire John W H Foster, visitor, 3, Rawmarsh Yorkshire at 19 Heale Street, Rawmarsh, Yorkshire Above is how they are transcribed - however, Ann and George have ditto marks for Notts but have been transcribed as Durham which is the place of birth of the person before James on the schedule - even though Notts is still wrong for Beltoft! George's surname looks more like Dreake or Dreakes to me and I have no idea what Sinla should be! If you want a copy of the schedule email me. Emma.

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 26 Jan 2004 02:03

Thanks ever so Emma! I have emailed you. You are truly a gem! Sonja in Oz.