Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 25 Jan 2004 23:49

Does anyone have resources to do look-ups for Kent? There are a few requests on the Records Board - all of which have had a 0 response (including one of mine!) Is there anyone out there who can help us???????????? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina

Christina Report 26 Jan 2004 10:19

Type in your address bar ENG-Kent Info page or Kent genealogy it should take you to a list of sites, one of them has a free join up where emails of what names you are looking for will be sent to all members if you request this. Regards Christina

Karen

Karen Report 26 Jan 2004 11:34

I live in Kent, I am more than happy to do any look ups in my local library - Tunbridge Wells which has a good selection of family tree research for the local area, I am also planning to go to Kentish Studies centre in Maidstone next month, if anyone wants any look ups let me know, its my first time going there, so I cant promise 100% success as I have quite alot of research to do for myself, but I will try and assist where I can. Please note, not all Kent records are held at Kentish Studies in Maidstone, they are scattered over different locations, so if you require me to do look ups for you, please make sure the records etc are held at Kentish Studies centre in Maidstone. Thanks Karen

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 26 Jan 2004 12:08

Linda, If you are looking for ancestors living in Bexley, Kent, the Central Library in Bexley has a very good family history centre. For information try: http://www.bexley.gov.uk/service/lib-familyhist.html Dierdre X

Debbi

Debbi Report 26 Jan 2004 12:49

Hi, thank you for your kind offer. Can you please look up Francis Brown and wife Emily G Brown living in Tonbridge Kent in 1881.He was a baker and a lodging house keeper.They had 3 children according to 1818 census. Could you find the exact address for the 1881 census.And maybe a picture. And anything else about this family if you have the time. happy hunting Debbi

Ann

Ann Report 26 Jan 2004 12:50

I have a collection of parish registers for Kent. (I did note this on the thread about what CDs people have). It contains mostly marriages although there are a few christenings and burials. Coverage is very patchy, both areally and datewise. Most records end in the 1820 or 1830s (i.e. I don't have later data). I am happy to search for people - please email me with as much information as possible, although as it is searchable I can sometimes be successful with little info. Names, approx dates and rough locations. I have also just got the 1841 census for Kent. This is just scanned images so has no searching facility. Unfortunately, I have found that many pages are extremely faint and illegible. Again, I will be happy to search this for people, but can only do so if you have either an address (road or district may be enough) or are lucky enough to have relatives living in a fairly small village. (It took me 6 evenings searching to find a family I was looking for in Maidstone !!). But I've hopefully found one for someone on this site in Kingsdown in half an hour or so. Again email me. If you do send a message, I apologise in advance that it may take me a while to get back to you. I work and have small children - so my searching time is limited. I promise that I will get back to everyone eventually.

Karen

Karen Report 26 Jan 2004 14:28

Hi Debbi Did you find the 1881 census entry through Family Search? was there an RG number/ piece number etc? which will help me find the entry. If you took it from Family Search it may possibly be Tunbridge Wells not Tonbridge that they lived in as all the census entries I've found for my relations have said Tonbridge but the roads are actually in Tunbridge Wells. Karen