Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sallyann

Sallyann Report 25 Jan 2004 15:53

i am trying to find the record for Olive Francis Dykes, iam not sure where shre was born but DOB is 21.12.16, i am not sure if its 1816 or 1916, Does anyone know any good websites i can try?

Anne

Anne Report 25 Jan 2004 15:59

Is that 1816 or 1916? You'll find it less confusing for yourself when you get lots of records if you put the full year! Just a tip! Anne

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 25 Jan 2004 17:08

Sallyann - you won't know where to begin to look unless you can at least make an educated guess as to the correct year. ie was she your Gran - Great Gran? Sue

Sallyann

Sallyann Report 25 Jan 2004 17:10

she was my Grandfathers sister, i dont know his DOB but my dads is 1949. My Family arent being very helpful so i dont have alot of info

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2004 17:12

Hi Sallyann I've looked on 1837online for you assuming it was 1916 but there is no record in the December quarter. I do not have enough credits remaining to check to see if Olive was registered in Jan1917 which is quite possible as it was so close to Christmas. But it is still possible that she was born in 1816. Presumably there must be some way of you working out roughly when it would have been! Good Luck Eleanorx

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jan 2004 17:19

Hi Sallyann I must be going soft in my old age, but I went back and used one of my last remaining credits for you to check Jan1917 and there she is bold as brass. Olive F. Dykes. Mothers maiden name Morris Registration District Bedwellty, Volume 11a, page 250. You can use these details to apply for a copy of her birth certificate if that is your intention. Good luck with the rest of your research. Eleanorx