Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Displaying family history.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 25 Jan 2004 14:25

Hi, Just thought I would start a new thread for ideas on how to present family history. I have asked all my family to write a sort of CV of their lives to add to my research so that when I eventually produce it and pass through the generations hopefully the history will be a little more personal. I wouldlove to hear what other people do to present their history and what are the different options for physically producing it (getting it bound for each person seems an expensive option) Thanks Anna xx

Mary

Mary Report 25 Jan 2004 14:46

See thread earlier on the board ' How do you keep yours' - loads of ideas. I started off with what I felt was a glorified photo album plus whatever info I gleaned from my parents - I now have four plus extras for newspaper cutting, mementos etc. and I also keep an annual record of photographs and events. Should make interesting reading to someone some day - I hope. Fun to do anyway. Mary Brooke

Mary

Mary Report 25 Jan 2004 14:48

Oh, also downloaded PAF from family search site, great at putting things in order...............Mary

Judy

Judy Report 25 Jan 2004 15:32

My tree includes, information, pictures, documents, stories, eulogies, letters sent home from our war heros, you name it, I have it scanned and copied into my tree. Not only did I distribute the information to every family member at our last family reunion, copies of the CD were sent to the local and national archives so future generations will have access to the information. Judy