Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how to correct errors in your tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Neil

Neil Report 25 Jan 2004 13:13

Great apologies from a babe in arms to genealogy ... I've just started to build a tree and find I've made an error (crediting myself with the birth of my siblings). Is there any way I can 'edit' what I've done so far rather than having to delete and re-enter all info so far? Sorry for the trouble ... this very basic slip doesn't seem to be covered in FAQs. Best Wishes -- Neil Marr

Marion

Marion Report 25 Jan 2004 13:44

You will have to delete the siblings, or their children first before you move on. If your name had not been central to the tree it may have been possible to just edit. The only other option is to contact GC. We've probably all learnt the hard way so don't worry, you just need a bit of patience. Don't forget you need a living person's permission to include their names, other than that just put them down as (living).......etc. Marion

BrianW

BrianW Report 25 Jan 2004 14:17

You are only coming up with three names in your tree, Neil, so it shouldn't be too much hardship to delete and start again (unless you've already done that and the three is the rebuilding operation).