Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PAF question please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 24 Jan 2004 18:37

Can someone please tell me how to print a family out in a branch form? I had some information today about some of my ansestors and it was sent like that to me. Parents were at the top then in boxes it showed the children, any ideas? Sue..................

Jay

Jay Report 24 Jan 2004 19:03

Not sure you can do that on PAF, I have asked this question before and would love to know if you can. I'll be interested in any replies. regards Jay

June

June Report 25 Jan 2004 09:11

I only know of the Pedigree chart, that just prints direct lines. I too would like to print off families

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 25 Jan 2004 09:53

If you goto file /print reports (or ctrl +p) there are various options for ancestral and descendant views. Make sure you select the right starting person. It will give you a print preview. There are many options so it looks confusing! Not sure if this is what you want. Bob

Sidami

Sidami Report 25 Jan 2004 12:31

Hello Robert, I can manage to do the ones that you have suggested, but I thought that there may be a way of just printing a branch with the parents at the top then going down to a line with their children possibly the way you would do it if you were maybe drawing your family tree by hand, does that make sense? Sue.