Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone know if there was.............

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 24 Jan 2004 16:33

a particular area in Liverpool that the Irish lived? I'm trawling through the Liverpool census to see if I can find my ancestors and thought the Irish may well have stuck to together and lived in a particular area, might speed things up for me a bit. You never know. Thanks, Susan

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 24 Jan 2004 16:38

Hi Susan, No I dont know the answer for you but, if you are trawling through the liverpool census,which one, can you see if you come across any BENNETTs.Im looking for a John Gilbert Bennett.could be on the 1901 census not sure.lived at 15 westfield road, walton liverpool.hope you dont mind me asking you regards trish

Susan

Susan Report 24 Jan 2004 16:43

Patricia, I'm looking through the 1871 census, which I don't suppose is any good for you. I don't mind you asking at all. Regards, Susan

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2004 18:20

Hi Susan, I know there were alot of Irish people living in Birkenhead, in and around the docks area if that helps at all! I've seen many a request for "so and so, born in Ireland last known living in Birkenhead"!!! Hope this helps! Eleanorx

Susan

Susan Report 24 Jan 2004 18:28

Thank you Eleanor, I'll start with that. My eyes are going blurry! Susan

Patricia

Patricia Report 1 Feb 2004 18:48

all my family who came from ireland settled in the south of liverpool better known as the dingle they all lived in tenements some called warwick gardens and caryl gardens hope this helps you regards pat

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 1 Feb 2004 19:15

Susan Lots of the Irish people who came to Liverpool settled in the Scotland Road area,I think on some census its listed as area Scoland also try Kirkdale and Everton Kathleen

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 1 Feb 2004 19:25

Hi Susan again,just thought on try Liverpool and South west Lancs FHS,they have a link to Anglo/Irish site or try freepages(.)genealogy(.)rootsweb(.)com/~hibernia/ remove the brackets also worth looking at is The Scottie Press,local on line newspaper,lots of interesting stuff on there Good Luck Hope this helps Kathleen