Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone going to Bracknell?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mystified

Mystified Report 24 Jan 2004 10:01

I will be there.............yellow rucksack, come and say hello. John

Irene

Irene Report 25 Jan 2004 00:05

To the Family History Fair, tomorrow 25th yes I am, hubbies coming to he likes to look round all the old books. Just realised that other people may not know what we are talking about, its were the family history societies people set up stall, sell some of their books and answer any questions. There are a few held over the year in different counties. You may find societies from Yorkshire to Cornwall there. Worth a visit if one is near you. Just type in Family history fair in your search engine and you will see if one is near you in the coming year. Irene

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Jan 2004 11:18

Does this cover just the local area to Bracknell?

Dawn

Dawn Report 25 Jan 2004 11:48

Oh no Caroline They normally have various Family History Societies attending i.e. Middlesex , Buckinghamshire etc. even far away Societies like Cornwall. Sarah

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Jan 2004 12:08

Thanks...I might pop over this afternoon then because the main line I'm tracing at the mo are from Bucks. Thanks again Caroline

Irene

Irene Report 25 Jan 2004 23:20

Didn't see you John Managed to get quite a few questions answered, for different area I am covering, only trouble is we will have to wait another year. If anyone wants to know when the next fair is on, just type in your search engine Family History Fairs, they seem to be every month or two in different parts of the courntry, its just that Bracknell is nearest to me and as far as I can make out the biggest. Irene