Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 Online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 24 Jan 2004 00:45

Is anyone else having trouble accessing 1837 Online? I've got credits fast due to run out and loads of people I need to look up... but I never seem able to access the site these days. Is the site still there - or have they run off with our money?

Emma

Emma Report 24 Jan 2004 00:56

Linda, I'm getting timed out as well. There was a thread a few days back about a newspaper announcing the launch of 1837 (even though it's been up and running for ages) so no doubt the world and his dog are hunting through the ruddy thing! Emma.

Lucky

Lucky Report 24 Jan 2004 01:08

I've been on a few times over the past couple of weeks and had no problems.

Samantha

Samantha Report 24 Jan 2004 09:22

I'm having real problems this morning getting onto 1837 as well!

Julie

Julie Report 24 Jan 2004 09:26

Hi, I`ve not been able to access the 1837 site either. Julie

Anna

Anna Report 24 Jan 2004 09:30

I could get on fine at tea time yesterday,but when I tried again last night and this morming,I couldnt get on Anna

Brian

Brian Report 24 Jan 2004 09:40

Like Anna, I accessed ok early yesterday evening and was on for an hour or so. Tried again later, but no luck. Same again this morning. You're probably right about all the publicity causing a 1901-type meltdown! Up until now I've been using it without any trouble since it started. Perhaps they'll read our comments and get back to us?

Brian

Brian Report 24 Jan 2004 10:34

Would you believe it! Having joined in the chorus of those who can't access it, just tried again at 10.27am and logged straight on! Only prob is I've got to go out so can't use.

Lucky

Lucky Report 24 Jan 2004 14:57

I've just tried and got on straightaway.

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 24 Jan 2004 15:24

Have just succeeded on getting on and using up all my credits - but failed to find who I was looking for!! Incidentally, does anyone know why there was all the recent media coverage about the 'new' 1837 site. It's been around for quite a while so why would they be courting the scale of publicity they they've recently had? It was even one of the main items on the television news one evening!