Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing person 1901

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 22 Jan 2004 10:55

hi can anyone help i'm missing another person on the 1901 census. Daniel Peers born 1874-1876. Pendelton I have his marriage certificate from march 1908 he's aged 33 occupation Dock labourer son of a Daniel peers(deceased) warehouseman. On the 1891 census he's listed with his father as Daniel Peers border 58 born Bolton Lanc/broughton warehouseman in cotton. Daniel Peers border 16 born pendelton occupation cotton finisher & callender. Theres 6 Daniel peers listed on the 1901 the eldest one looks like the father the other don't link to him using the decoder and the 3 nearset to his age can be linked to other familys. Gill

Emma

Emma Report 22 Jan 2004 11:47

Gillian, There is a Daniel Prince aged 26 born Pendleton living in Salford he's a callender machine minder (possible mistranscription) Only thing is on the decoder he's coming up with a Sarah Prince the same age. No chance your Daniel was married before is there? Emma.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 22 Jan 2004 12:42

are you sure he is not the Daniel Peers age 29, his age may of been mistranscribed

Sharon

Sharon Report 22 Jan 2004 13:35

Hi I have had a look too. I think the Daniel Prince listed is the most likely one. I also looked at the 1891 census and Daniel Snr has been listed as Daniel Piers not Peers in the index. I tried looking under this spelling also on the 1901 census it turned up nothing. The only way to be sure this is your relative is to view the original page and try to make out the handwriting for yourself. It could well be that he was married previously to the one you know about, his wife may have died and he remarried. Sharon

Gillian

Gillian Report 22 Jan 2004 13:41

Daniel Peers aged 29 father is a Nathaniel Peers. On the marriage certificate i have daniel Peers is listed as Bachelor.

Kim

Kim Report 22 Jan 2004 20:40

iF its any consolation I still can't find my great grandfather and uncle , they are very elusive on the 1901 it seems and they were only bankclerks in London , you would think they were on a submarine!>>>>KIM:

Gillian

Gillian Report 23 Jan 2004 10:23

It seems there's quite a few people missing i've got three missing! And im sure we're not the only ones.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 23 Jan 2004 12:08

I think it is more likely they were mistranscribed rather than missing. I was convinced my great great grandparents were missing. Until someone found them transcribed as Littlestone instead of Littlejohns