Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861/71 LONDON CENSUS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 20 Jan 2004 15:02

Hi, I'm thinking of buying the 1861 and 1871 London Census on CD's from a company called S and N Geneology Supplies. Before I hand over £100, can anybody recommend them. I'm trying desperately to trace family in the Lambeth area for that period.

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 20 Jan 2004 15:09

Hi Keith, I'm also looking for family in Lambeth, Camberwell & Paddington for the same time period but am reluctant to splash out so much money. Have you looked on Ebay? Naomi

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 20 Jan 2004 15:14

Hi Keith I have the 1851 and 1871 London censuses. They are address searched so unless you have a vague idea where you family is, it's hard to find them. Having said that, you can now purchase with the censuses, for a small fee, a name index, which I assume is what Sarah Arkell has. There is also an online name index, which you can get via S&N site for some censuses. I have the 1871, but it is only a partial inex, but it is being updated alll the time. They seem to have a lot for the Holborn area. If you would like me to look for some of your family before you buy, let me know. If you do buy it and you find family I think it's worth the £50.00, and of course when you purchase a certificate and you then look for the address and find someone (not very often, as they were always moving) thats great, anything after is a bonus. Hope this helps Lynda