Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

microfiche reader

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Jan 2004 15:16

Hi Anyone out there who can help me????? I have volunteered to do some transcribing for the freecen project in Scotland. It would be ideal if I could have my own microfiche reader, so, if anyone knows where I can get one in Aberdeen or Dundee at a reasonable price I would be most grateful. Maggie

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 19 Jan 2004 16:28

I know that Mary Bonner on this site has just purchased a microfiche reader - why don't you contact her and get the gen? Jacqui

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Jan 2004 16:32

There are often microfiche readers on the auction site Ebay at reasonable prices.

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 19 Jan 2004 16:35

Well Done Margaret I am so glad some one else had joined our merry band to transcribe for freecen!! I am doing 1861 for Darlington but fortunately it is on disc -,I hope you have luck with a fiche reader. Regards Ann

Terry

Terry Report 19 Jan 2004 17:13

i would love to help by doing some transcribing.how do i contact them susie on hubbys puter in high wycombe

Ann

Ann Report 19 Jan 2004 21:00

Margaret, I don't know Margaret. But where do you live ? I'm just outside Aberdeen and have been watching out for one in the P&J for a while. I only have a few microfiche to look at so I'm managing with a microscope at the moment. Maybe we could workout some way to share one and split the cost.......... Ann