Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

acpi bios non compliant???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terry

Terry Report 19 Jan 2004 10:52

what does the above mean!!my puter was working finelast night.i went to put it on this morning and all ive got is a blue screen with a message telling me that my ACPI BIOS is non compliant.hubby has foned the company where he brought it from last november and they have told him to download an upgrade for the mother board!!! surely this shouldnt happen .hubbys puter(which im using now)is so much older than mine and he has never seen this sort of message before has anyone else come across it? susie in high wycombe

Steven

Steven Report 19 Jan 2004 11:50

Do you have any startup choices on screen ? ie; safe mode or any other headings, Steve in Chester.

Terry

Terry Report 19 Jan 2004 11:54

hi steve as the puter starts up it says press F8 to trouble shoot?then the screen goes blue!wth the above message susie

Bob

Bob Report 19 Jan 2004 12:20

acpi is the latest system that deals with power management and plug-and-play. Have a look at: http://support.microsoft[.]com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft[.]com:80/support/kb/articles/Q216/5/73.asp&NoWebContent=1 [two sets of brackets to remove] Bob

Darren white

Darren white Report 19 Jan 2004 12:21

Found this on Microsofts website: Reboot the computer to restart When Setup starts again, press F7 when you see the "Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" screen. Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL and installs the Standard PC HAL. You should also contact the manufacturer of your computer to obtain a BIOS that is fully ACPI compliant. Failing that they sugest a complete re-format of Windows although i would get the shop where you purchased it to sort it out Darren

Terry

Terry Report 19 Jan 2004 12:29

thankyou all so much for your replies i have printed them off and will let hubby have a look tonite. its a good job hes got a puter aswell(well he will have when i get off it)..lol susie

Terry

Terry Report 20 Jan 2004 09:55

hi dawn thankyou for your reply.we did try it last night but still no joy!!so hubby is getting back to the supplier today.the computer is only 2 months old so its still under guarentee(thank god!!) looks like they'll have to replace the mother board susie in high wycombe(thoroughly p....ed off cos my puter gone thud!!!)