Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Good Websites Any Suggestions?!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2004 00:22

Please see below!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2004 00:33

Hi all! Despite my recent reply to a message that complained that the Good Websites thread is getting too long, I feel I now have to concede that it's popularity is beginning to make it unmanageable!!! I was just trying to help Ann Lazenby who had a query about a relative who was born in a House of Correction (prison) and thought I had seen a link to a website where you could look up convictions and such details on the Good Websites Thread. After a lengthy search I discovered it is not there! I do wonder whether we could break the thread into a few pieces, but I'm stuck as to what those pieces should be renamed. I suppose titles such as "Births Deaths and Marriages" or "Churches, Graves and Crematoriums" or "Armed Forces" would give us a starting point but they would each require regular nudging to keep them near the top! Do any of you have views on this? Are you happy with the Good Websites thread in it's present format? And would you all be willing to re-add your previous entries onto the appropriate new threads!!!!? Help me out here chaps! I'm more than happy to sort it out or to leave it be depending on the general consensus of opinion! Bye for now lol Eleanorxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2004 00:35

Thanks Karen! I know it took me a few minutes to compose the real message but blimey! Would you jump in my grave as fast!!!?? Glad you like the original thread though! lol Eleanorxxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2004 18:19

I'm going to nudge this just the once! If no one feels compelled to reply I'll assume that we're all happy with things as they are!!! Bye for now Eleanorxx

Denise

Denise Report 22 Jan 2004 18:03

In reply to your question I think it would be a great idea to divide the thread. I'm new to this and have found the site really useful but it does take ages to sift through!

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jan 2004 18:21

I agree with you. Splitting the sites into some sort of order is a great idea. I dont mind looking out for the ones that need a nudge everynow and then

Debbie

Debbie Report 22 Jan 2004 20:22

hi, just want to say please split, them as the thread is getting to long. cheers. deb

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Jan 2004 00:15

Thanks for those replies (and just when I thought I'd got off lightly!!) OK, so if we split it, what should the new headings be? Answers on a postcard please! (or just add your suggestions here!) Thanks, I await with baited breath! Love Eleanor xx

Bob

Bob Report 23 Jan 2004 03:08

I did start a summary of this thread a while back but didn't have time to do it properly. My best suggestion is that someone with a website could list them all and give us the url for that. The advantage would be that we could just click the link and there wouldn't be any blasted brackets. A bit like Cindys list really:) Bob

Tracy

Tracy Report 23 Jan 2004 09:39

Good idea Bob, I was thinking along the same lines!! I have a website that I would be happy to add the 'good websites' page too. If you're interested Eleanor and Tony, let me know and we can sort it all out! Tracy