Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone know what this name could be

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debra

Debra Report 7 Jan 2004 22:28

Found death certificate Bridget Leonard in East Calder Kirknewton area of Midlothian Scotland in 1900 but can't manage to make out M.S. can any one help with what looks like McNavina she is from Ireland and married and Irish man named Patrick Leonard her father was Edward and mother Elizabeth from what I could make out on certificate, unable to make out her mothers maiden name. Can anyone work out what the name McNavina could be I did ask other people to chek name but noone could make out what it was. DEBBIE

Kim

Kim Report 7 Jan 2004 22:33

Could it be Macnamara spelt wrong? Kim

Debra

Debra Report 7 Jan 2004 22:34

Thanks for that I will try that name. Debbie

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 7 Jan 2004 22:44

Looked on 1881 Census Scotland there are a few Mcniven. born Ireland living Scotland...Will look up if you want Joan

Debra

Debra Report 8 Jan 2004 09:53

If you could look up census that would be great. Debbie

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 9 Jan 2004 22:31

hi Have found a Stewart Mcniven age 75 born Tuam Ireland Tailor Wife Harriett 67 born Morven Argyll Jean 33 dau Servant Archibald 20 born Argyll Labourer Duncan grandson 2 Argyll Dwelling Strongarbh Argyll Scotland There is a William McNiven boardr living in Dumbarton born Ireland age 23 Let me know if I can help anymore And if they are the ones Joan

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 10 Jan 2004 11:44

Hi There are quite a few Macnmara's on the Scotland index 1881 can you give me the names and dates and I will look. I dont think it is the last name I looked up Joan

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 10 Jan 2004 11:52

Have found also some leonards in Scotland any names ?.. Joan