Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 7 Jan 2004 18:46

i received a marriage certificate today but under the mans fathers name and surname it has just been crossed through. does this mean that the father is deceased as other certificates i have where this is the case the name is still written but in brackets it says deceased. can anyone explain

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 7 Jan 2004 18:54

I think it is more likely to mean that the information was not supplied - probably because he didn't know who his father was. Probably you would find the same on his birth cert. Maz. XX

Janet

Janet Report 7 Jan 2004 18:55

It's possible that the father's name wasn't known!!! My half-brother has to have this on his marriage cert. because my mother never told him his name. Sorry for the disappointment.

Emma

Emma Report 7 Jan 2004 18:57

but how do i know now where to look for his birth certificate because before i'v always matched the birth to the fathers name? i don't know the mothers name either.

Jane

Jane Report 7 Jan 2004 19:03

Emma, look for the birth under the name the man got married with. It's probably his mothers maiden name. Jane

Emma

Emma Report 7 Jan 2004 19:04

thankyou