Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

paf file help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jay

Jay Report 29 Dec 2003 21:45

Does anyone who uses this package know the best way to print a 'tree' that is understandable to others. my mum would like a copy of my tree to pass to other family members but she says she can only understand it if it 'looks like a traditional tree.' (I know don't laugh) regards Jayne

Kim

Kim Report 29 Dec 2003 22:57

start with the youngest member of the family select them and choose pedigree chart ,is the closest you'll get to a traditional one , you can preview it before printing to see if it is acceptable to you..if anyonehas any other ideas let us know.

Cathy

Cathy Report 30 Dec 2003 10:07

Similar to Kim's advice. Choose the oldest member go to print reports and click decendancy list. You can preview before you print. This is particularly useful for picking out the different branches that might make it easier for your Mum to understand.

Russell

Russell Report 30 Dec 2003 10:16

You could buy this months 'Your Family Tree' magazine which has free software on it which allows you to do it.

Jay

Jay Report 30 Dec 2003 10:24

thanks everyone, I'll try your advice regards Jayne