Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scottish baptisms

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JessyG

JessyG Report 29 Dec 2003 09:32

In the paper the other day it said that baptism records for scotland from 1530s onwards had been put online but it gave no web address...anyone any ideas?

Kim

Kim Report 29 Dec 2003 12:08

I just googled Scottish baptism online it comes up with http://www.genealogybeginnersguide(.)com/beginning_your_scottish_genealogy_research:htm hope this helps and re,move the brackets of course KIM

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2003 12:40

hi Jess - scotlands people have the parish records away back to the 1520's

Robert

Robert Report 29 Dec 2003 13:54

Hi Jess Try www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk for the official site £6.00 for 30 credits (30 pages) There are a lot of scots records on the Mormon CD British Isles Vital Records Index

JessyG

JessyG Report 30 Dec 2003 07:25

Thank you all....it was the scots origins site that the paper meant...it helped a little bit! Have used the scots people already and have got lots of info...but was looking for what the paper said was a free search!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 30 Dec 2003 14:28

What paper was it Jess. I'd ask them. Scotspeople is a free search it's viewing you have to pay for. Jackie

Ilene Maltby

Ilene Maltby Report 2 Jan 2004 15:35

try http://www.sctbdm.(com)/baptisms.htm (remove brackets) Ilene

Mary

Mary Report 3 Jan 2004 14:21

Jess I still have the article that was in the Daily Record.The records are being put on by the General Register Office for Scotland. www(.)gro-scotland(.)gov(.)uk/ Mary

JessyG

JessyG Report 4 Jan 2004 08:51

thank you all for ya help!