Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census 1841/51/61

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 20 Dec 2003 20:47

I am trying to trace family in Durham not sure of area, living down south. According to marriage cert. George Lishman age 25 in 1852. His faher was Thomas. Living at the time Leasingthorne. Parish of ??? something like Wirrington the county of Durham. His wife name was Margaret Green aged 24, in 1852 from West Rainton. Margaret's fathers name was Francis. They had twin girls Sarah and Margaret, born 1856. Can anybody out there help me with any of the census or tell me what census I requiire and how to get it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Mary

Robin

Robin Report 21 Dec 2003 16:54

Post you enquiry on the Records Page. If that does not work, try Look Up exchage. Most counties have volunteers doing this work.

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 21 Dec 2003 22:58

Some of the early censuses require an exact address - you cannot search by name. For others, the census CDs only cover a handful of counties, so you need to have a fair idea of where people are in a given census year.

Thomas

Thomas Report 23 Dec 2003 15:14

Hi Mary, have had a trawl through the 1861 for the Raintons,East,West and Middle but not a Lishman in any,sorry. Regards Tony