Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Meeting HOuse Lane

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charles

Charles Report 20 Dec 2003 17:19

Re residents prior and during 2nd war. Correct full address is: Meeting House Lane Peckham London SE15 England. Any help appreciated.

Gwen

Gwen Report 20 Dec 2003 17:42

Charles This was called Meeting House Lane(according to a local historian)because there was a Quakers meeting house there. Southwark Local Studies Library 211 Borough high Street,S.E.1 1JA. Phone 0207 403 3507 Fax 0207 403 8633 They have an extensive run of directories. Hope this helps. Best Wishes Gwen

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 23 Dec 2003 11:38

Hi There Bit of a coincidence - Hubby and I were married in St John with St Andrew Church in Meeting House Lane Peckham - in 1985. Would the Vicar have any records that could help you? I know the vicar there has recently retired, but am sure if you write to the church wardens, they might help. The house the vicar lived in is adj to church. (No 10 Meeting House Lane). If anybody asks where hubby and I met - we answer the Asylum - this being a Public House on the corner of Meeting House Lane and Asylum Road. Apparently, years gone by, there used to be a Asylum further down Asylum Road, which apparently became some sort of home for Licencesed Victulars, although not sure what it is now. Liz

Bob

Bob Report 23 Dec 2003 19:23

Charles You might find this site interesting: http://www.peckhamsociety.org.uk Bob