Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

norfolk army in India

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Dec 2003 11:01

Could you please tell me if there is site listing men serving in India around 1900. I have a George Harvey born around 1875, he is my husbands grandfather, but because he did not marry his granny, he is not on his mother birth or marriage cert. the trouble is there are 2 georges born around 1875 in Norwich, and both died around the same time! I know he served in India when he was young, and wondered if i could find him through his army record. any help would great as i'm stuck! thanks eileen.

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 16 Dec 2003 19:51

Hi Eileen, sometime ago there was a post with helpful sites On there was one for people in India. It was probably about 2 weeks ago.

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 16 Dec 2003 20:06

look on this page, good web sites

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Dec 2003 20:29

thanks a lot for that Jeanie! I'll go and have a look now, this man has been bugging me for soooo long, thanks again Eileen