Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

blooming postman !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Dec 2003 11:58

Iv'e just recieved my grandads birth cert._______________ Half of it has virtually been screwed up as it has been shoved through the door.__________ luckely its still readable ! ____ I would have thought the postie could have exercised some care as he was posting a rather large envelope !_________ What if it had contained an enlarged photo ?____ it would now be totally ruined !_____________________ I know that it's poaring with rain out there but the postie has chosen to do this job & gets Paid for it !_____________ Sorry for moaning but i'm so annoyed !*************** Elaine x

Pam

Pam Report 13 Dec 2003 12:38

Elaine, I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. Lay the certificate on your ironing board and cover it with a clean tea towel then iron it with your iron at it's lowest setting ( no steam).....Pam

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Dec 2003 13:47

Pam, Whats an iron ?.....LOL :0) Elaine x

Pam

Pam Report 13 Dec 2003 16:44

Good question Elaine, If I was writing a dictionary definition of one it would read like this............Iron: 1. A heated electical implement used to smooth creases in clothing, linen etc, unable to be located or operated by anyone other than the owner. 2. A heated electrical implement considered by males as a suitable Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas or Valentines gift. 3. A heated electrical implement that cannot be wielded by the owner with the same frequency, dexterity or devotion that was displayed by the mother, ex-wife, girlfriend or mistress of the owners' current partner. N.B Definition 1. Can also be applied to vacuum cleaners, washing machines and cleaning products ( especially, but not exclusively bathroom and toilet products ) N.B Definition 2. Can also be applied to white goods, lawn mowers, new PC motherboards and general computer upgrades and all forms of lingerie ( especially, but not exclusively, bought in haste as a last minute gift , at least two sizes too small but conforming to partners' ideal of perfect femine statistics, anything rejected by Ann Summers as being a loss-leader and too tarty ) N.B Definition 3. Can also be applied to cleaning products, cookers, home-cooked meals, washing filthy football/rugby/sports kit, general private bedroom duties. N.B See also T.V Remote Control and Sky Sport restrictions.....................................Pam

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Dec 2003 17:38

lol again... I never iron anything in my house, unless its:- christmas....... were going on holiday & bound to see someone we know !!!... . Funeral. (not own ! ).... Elaine :o)

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 13 Dec 2003 17:41

I think that certificates should come in them hardback envelopes, that then avoids them getting screwed up.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Dec 2003 17:47

I recon it would have to cost a few quid more to send a cert with a hard back ! would be nice to have the option tho' elaine x

Janet

Janet Report 13 Dec 2003 23:14

Why not contact wherever you ordered the certificate from and explain, and see if they'll send you another copy. You never know, they might be full of Christmas cheer. Jan.

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 14 Dec 2003 13:02

Was it marked DO NOT BEND?? Don't be too quick to knock the postman.

Pam

Pam Report 14 Dec 2003 16:39

The trouble with documents being marked 'do not bend' is that it took me ages to work out how to pick the envelope up from the floor! Eventually I managed it by putting a bit of double-sided tape on the end of a stick and got it that way. Didn't have to bend once..........................LOL !!!

Ellen

Ellen Report 14 Dec 2003 17:02

My postman actually ripped my letterbox off and cracked my door across trying to get a parcel through. The insurance chappie that came to look didnt at first believe he managed to fit it through. He must have kicked it. I had a nice new door though without argument. I should try and complain to the post office. They may refund the cost of the certificate. Regards Helena

Marion

Marion Report 14 Dec 2003 17:17

Have been waiting since the postal strike at the beginning of November for 3 certificates from Chelsea. They say they have still not received the applicaton or the cheques.